Roomie is a universal remote to control your home theater components supporting thousands of devices – often via direct communication over your home network rather than requiring additional hardware. Roomie also provides a personalized TV guide, and live feedback for many devices with information like your receiver's volume.
Important: (1) Control of infrared components requires the Roomie Service available in Roomie and an adapter available from the Roomie Store. Roomie also supports many devices via direct control over your network with no adapter. Check the Roomie website for detailed compatibility information. (2) Roomie controls up to 2 devices initially, and can be upgraded via in app purchase.
- IP Control with Automatic Discovery: World class IP control supports many devices directly via your Wi-Fi network – advanced two-way feedback support with automatic discovery of devices on your network.
- Infrared Control: High-end home theater library supports virtually all components when paired with an infrared adapter.
- Unmatched Compatibility: Over 140,000 commands for thousands of devices.
- Gesture Remote: No need to look down at your remote, Roomie provides gesture panels preventing accidental commands!
- Virtual Remote: Provides a remote for any supported device, automatically optimizing each remote with all of the commands from your original remote and often more advanced commands including "discrete" power.
- iTunes/Sonos Control: Control your music and video library including Airplay to your Apple TV, play functions, playlist selection, position scrubbing, album art, volume, Sonos Pandora and Radio, and more.
- TV Schedules: Listings for US, UK, Canada, and 31 other countries with personalization and favorites integrating with your devices to tune channels directly.
- Blu-ray Feedback: Provides interactive position scrubbing and elapsed time displays for supported Panasonic, Pioneer, and Oppo players.
- Synchronization: Configuration changes instantly synchronized among all your devices via Wi-Fi.
- Advanced Macros/Automation: Macros can be created for precise control over your systems. Using the extensive command library, Roomie’s macros sequence complex commands over multiple types of connection.
- Customization: Buttons can be created, removed, and customized to your liking.
- Backup/Restore: Backup to Roomie Service, Dropbox, and Roomie Agent for OS X.
- Infrared Learning: New commands can be learned using any supported adapter.
- Serial(RS-232) Support: Rock solid serial support when combined with a Serial adapter.
- IP Receivers: Unlike traditional IR solutions, Roomie displays your volume, power, and many other aspects of your system. Song, album art, integration with receiver iPod and streaming services are also provided. (See Roomie website for supported models.)
- IP Media Players: Integrates TiVo, Roku, Sonos, Kaleidescape, VLC, XBMC, and a growing list of devices including DirecTV with live channel info. Roomie even provides keyboard support in most cases and graphical channel integration for Roku and WD TV.
- IP TV/Projectors: Sharp, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, and many more.
- IP Lighting: Philips Hue, Insteon, Vera, Wemo, and Lutron Radio RA 2 control.
- IP Cameras: Foscam, Logitech Alert and many other RTSP cameras displayed live.
In App Purchases
- Home Theater Pack: Upgrade to support unlimited devices in unlimited rooms from its initial support for up to 2 devices in 1 room.
- Roomie Service: Upgrade to control infrared devices. Expands the TV Guide to a full two weeks of live schedules. Provides Media Guides for Sonos, iTunes, Kaleidescape, XBMC, VLC. Full screen guide expansion. Add Clocks, Alarms, and iBeacon Proximity Automation.
- Agent Management Pack: Synchronization/Backup via Roomie Agent, a separate product. Control OS X including app launching, screen viewing, mouse control, and more.