Roomie Agent for OS X provides synchronization and configuration management for Roomie Remote for iOS. Roomie Agent provides control of OS X to turn your Mac into an HTPC controlled by Roomie.
Important: Roomie Agent requires Roomie Remote for iOS and has no functionality without it.
- Roomie Synchronization: Roomie Agent acts as a member of Roomie's Wi-Fi Synchronization mesh keeping all of your Roomie devices in sync instantly. Even if none of your iOS devices are actively running Roomie, Roomie Agent will track your configuration, status for all Activities, and power state for all devices.
- Configuration Lockdown with PIN: Roomie Agent enables all Roomie devices to be locked so that their configurations cannot be changed. It even provides the ability to set a PIN number to allow temporary access.
- Screen Control: Roomie Agent enables Roomie devices to view the screen and control the mouse on the OS X system.
- Application Launching: Roomie clients can launch and bring to the front any application on the OS X system.
- Lutron Triggers: Create reactive feedback actions such as “run the Watch TV Activity when my Lutron keypad button is pressed”. The currently supported trigger devices are Lutron Radio RA2 and Lutron Caséta. Triggers can be set to run from a specific Roomie instance or via Roomie Agent for OS X.
- Backup and Restore: Configurations can be backed up and restored to all Roomie clients simultaneously.
- OS X System Management: Additional controls are provided including the ability to restart, sleep, or shutdown the target OS X system from Roomie.
All Roomie Remote clients should be upgraded to version 3.0 or later for best compatibility.
|Operating System||OS X 10.10 Yosemite or OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion|
|Roomie Remote||Roomie Remote for iOS available on the App Store
Roomie Service in-app purchase
|Network||Shared local Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet subnet with Roomie Remote devices|